Best Practices Help Minimize Microsoft Windows* 8 Migration Costs
Moving from Microsoft Windows* 7 to Windows 8 meets Intel’s long-term client computing needs, gives employees more powerful systems, and prepares them to use Intel’s growing number of touch-enabled applications. Also, we estimate it will cost less to migrate to Windows * compared with Windows 7.
Intel IT is rapidly moving ahead with migration to Windows 8, based on our expectations of the following benefits:
• Improved employee productivity
• Reduced risk of having to prematurely replace platforms
• Support for emerging input methods such as voice, gesture, and perceptual computing
• A continued commitment to supporting consumerization
• Ability to take advantage of our PC OS investment on tablets and other form factors, and provide a consistent OS experience across devices
By end of June 2013, Windows 8 will be the standard OS for business Ultrabook™ devices and Intel® architecture-based tablets in use at Intel.
Read the full Best Practices Help Minimize Microsoft Windows* 8 Migration Costs White Paper.