Intel’s hardware and software integration solution helps State Grid Corporation of China (SGCC) optimize its Advanced Digital Power System Simulator* performance and enhance its reliability and scalability.
As the world’s largest electric utility company, the State Grid Corporation of China (SGCC) provides power to about 1.1 billion people. SGCC relies on a high-performance computing cluster to ensure the power grid’s safe and stable operation. With the expansion of China’s power grid size, SGCC’s Advanced Digital Power System Simulator* (ADPSS*) had to be enhanced to meet the state’s increasing power supply demands.
• Enhance ADPSS’s scalability. Meet SGCC’s ever-growing and evolving demand for operational scientific research.
• Eliminate constant delay. Ensure that the simulation process completes within the required time for accurate, real-time power grid simulation.
• Optimize simulation platform performance. Enhance the hardware and software set of the ADPSS platform to ensure the system’s reliability and stability.
• Adopt Intel® architecture-based hardware solution. Deploy Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600-based servers with Intel® Ethernet Server Adapter I350 as the ADPSS operating platform.
• Deploy Wind River* Linux* operating system and real time optimize software to run on Intel architecture. Deploy Wind River Linux as the operating system and use the Intel® compiler and software library to carry out system development and performance optimization.